Song for Ballyshannon
Ballyshannon Folk & Traditional Music Festival is searching for a Song for Ballyshannon
Ballyshannon is Ireland’s oldest town and also the home of Ireland’s longest running Folk and Traditional Music Festival. The earliest settlement in Ireland happened 4000 years ago when the Parthalonians from ancient Greece landed on Inis Saimer Island in the harbour of the Erne river. In the intervening millennia the town has evolved and grown in so many ways and has amassed a rich heritage archaeologically, culturally, historically and socially. To record this Ballyshannon Folk and Traditional Music Festival is inviting singer/songwriters to compose a song that will provide a medium by which we can tell the story of the towns past and cultural.
Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to songwriters who are 18 years of age or older on the closing date of song submission. Any entrant who is a minor will be required to obtain and submit written permission from his or her parent or legal guardian to participate.
- For the purposes of the competition, a song must have both lyrics and music. All submitted songs must be original, unpublished (or self-published) songs that have been written or co-written by the entrant(s).
- Songs for submission should be in the folk or traditional genre.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries.
- There is no entry fee required.
- For competition purposes, an unpublished song is defined as being recorded and self-released by the entrant(s) and/or not co-published by a commercially active music publisher.
- Co-writers are subject to the same eligibility criteria.
- Artists from anywhere in the world are eligible to enter.
- All enquiries should be forwarded by email; the whatsapp number is only to be used for submitting entries.
2) Submission Policy
- Each entry must be an original, unpublished musical composition for which the contestant retains the copyright and authority to submit and perform the composition in the contest.
3) How to submit
- Entries to be submitted using voice message via WhatsApp to 083/0267518
- The song may be performed by the composer or a nominated performer
- Each entry must include full name and address, email address, contact number, parental/guardian consent (if under 18) and name of song.
- Closing date for submission is p.m. 30th April 2021
4) Winner Selection
- The winner will be selected from the Whatsapp audio submissions by a panel of judges. Please note judges’ decision will be final.
- There will be a cash prize of €300 for the winning song
- The composer of the winning song will be invited to perform the song either in person or by a nominated performer as part of the virtual Ballyshannon Folk & Traditional Music Festival 2021.
- The song will also be used as part of the Festivals promotional campaign for this year’s festival.
The Winner will be notified by email. Each entry will be notified of the outcome of the competition by email.
For further information please click:
Song Contest – Ballyshannon Folk & Traditional Music Festival (ballyshannonfolkfestival.com)
Ballyshannon Heritage Town